Thursday, September 3, 2009

Okay... This is a 6"x6" painting that I made but it does not count toward a daily painting because I painted it in 1994. It was done when my children were little..my daughter here was only two years old. I had just been gifted a huge book of Rembrandt's works and I was inspired. I was new to painting (just over a year) and thought I would go into as a profession but that idea got put on hold until 2008 when I took a summer off to study with some of the best. This work was made with dissolved oil pastels in Linquin. It was my first attempt in the medium. I won't sell it because of sentimental reasons...you understand. I just put it here to give you some thing to look at and something to read! Good night.
Just realized I put this on the wrong blog..I meant to put it on my daily paintings blog www.christinemccoy.blogspot.com. Now I have decided to leave it here too so if you find this interesting, you can check out my other little works on my daily painting page! Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Christine,
    I can't seem to find any errors in my settings, so then I had my brother-in-law(computer whiz)try to sign up as a follower to see if it would work. He tried it both publicly and privately and it worked both ways. I assume you are trying with your valid Google account, so I really don't know what to say. Maybe try again? Maybe it was some weird glitch?
    I like this portrait and I can see Rembrandt's influence in it. Isn't it fun looking back to the past to to see how you have developed?
    Thanks,
    Nicki

    ReplyDelete